Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Commercial Performance Marketing team focuses on data-driven digital marketing for B2C and B2B customers including researchers, scientists, professors, professionals, and students. Our sales channels include our own webshops (springer.com, apress.com, palgrave.com, and nature.com) as well a number of eRetailers including Amazon, Google Play, and Apple iTunes. Our team is also in charge of marketing to trade customers including brick-and-mortar bookshops, distributors, and library suppliers.
Between daily thrills and a healthy work-life balance
Our team is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to head up our planning and coordination activities across all marketing channels and target groups. Marketing channels are consolidated in our operational team and include SEA, email, affiliate, display, and social media—all of which rely on a carefully balanced centralized marketing plan.
You will be supported by an experienced team of professionals located in Berlin, Heidelberg, and New York with in-depth knowledge of systems and technologies. After a given period of introduction and extensive training, you will be expected to assume a leadership role by providing a central hub for information, coordination and both internal and external communication.
- Create an annual marketing plan that spans all marketing/sales channels and target groups
- Coordinate closely with the Operations team to implement campaigns and new marketing processes
- Work with the Analytics team to evaluate performance & continuously optimize the marketing plan
- Assume responsibility for internal and external communication around all marketing campaigns
- Engage with internal/external stakeholders and uncover new opportunities for cooperation & growth
- Represent the full team in cross-departmental meetings and external events
- Supervise the marketing budget and propose adjustments to individual channels if necessary
- At least three years’ experience in a marketing planning and coordination role
- At least two years in a team lead position with exposure to formal presentations
- At least one-year experience in hands-on marketing (email, SEA, Affiliate, Display, Social, PDM)
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong understanding of subscription products and renewal cycles
- Very experienced in the following tools: MS Office, G Suite, ideally Jive
- Experience in HTML/CSS, JS, SAP NetWeaver and Business Warehouse a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in a business, computer science, or marketing related area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & German—preferably a native speaker
- Willingness to travel regularly by plane, e.g. to our London or Heidelberg offices
- Limitation: none
- Working hours: Full-time
- Company and location: Springer Nature AG & Co. KGaA, Geneststraße 5 near S-Bahn Südkreuz
What do we offer?
- Start-up environment typical of the online marketing sector, but with one of the most renowned scientific publishing houses at your back
- A healthy work/life balance
- Flexible hours, a 37 hour week and 30 days annual leave
- International team with strong connections to NYC, London, Tokyo and Heidelberg
- At least one day of homeoffice per week
- Extensive training options & paid participation in relevant conferences
- Book discounts up to 40%
- Discounted public transportation
- A secure job in a successful, stable company
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.