Chief Technical Officer / CTO (f/m)
Trusted Shops is looking for an ambitious CTO (f/m) to join our international team located in Cologne. We are building the next generation trust brand. Our products today are customer review solutions and the trust mark for e-commerce sites.
With 15 years of experience, 14 million registered B2C users, 25,000 B2B customers and more than 300 employees that are located at four European locations and operate in a dozen countries.
Backed by well-known international investors such as Rocket Internet we are growing constantly while staying profitable and are still founders-driven.
Now we are looking for an energetic CTO who can lead the transformation to a future-proof architecture and organization that allows us to innovate and scale at world-class speed.
- Build, embody and communicate the tech vision of Europe’s market leading trust company using your tech and business experiences
- Define and implement the future architecture for millions of users (B2C) and ten-thousands of partners (B2B) on our SaaS platform with customer reviews, guarantee transactions and content
- Develop new products, improve features and foster premium-level stability and security of our web/mobile platforms with your teams
- Optimize methodologies and work streams of our cross-functional teams to drive efficient development across all levels and products
- Hire, lead and develop our tech teams and improve our agile processes to deliver the right solutions on time
- Manage the different stakeholders of our business units and departments regarding tech to deliver real business impact
- Ensure high quality and security for our international platform, websites and API through an appropriate software develop process
- Manage technical product development of tools and platforms; evaluate and work with third-party suppliers and standard solutions for CRM, ERP and productivity software
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for digital products, quality and services, inside and outside the company
- You are an experienced tech leader with a proven track record as CTO or similar role preferably within start-up or tech company
- You show top-notch tech skills and also keen business skills, previous experience within the SaaS industry is not essential but highly welcome
- You can build an engineering culture in Agile and DevOps environments, it is imperative that legacy code does not scare you and you can work with it and move away from it simultaneously
- You are aware of the latest methodologies, stack and frameworks, you can choose the best to evaluate and implement efficiently
- You understand the software development life-cycle and have technical ability to assess and support software engineers with coding, test automation and quality assurance
- You are a real people manager, have experience in growing teams and enjoy attracting top talent to always raise the bar of the team
- Hands-on ability as well as entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to keep things simple, deal and limit complexity
- Several years of experience in leading engineering teams and a track record from conceptual design to go-to-market
- The satisfaction of helping over 25 thousand B2B customers to grow their businesses through better conversion rates and millions of consumers in Europe find the right online merchants for shopping
- A close-knit, ambitious and diverse team of 50 tech people and flat hierarchies where your input will be valued
- An influential position in a profitable, strongly growing and founders-driven company with more than 300 employees at four European locations
- The strong position of an established monetization model based on SAAS solution, International focus and well-known household-brand
- A pleasant and family friendly working environment in the heart of Cologne
Does this match your profile? If so, we look forward to receive your application in German or English.