Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Every day, we publish a large number of new articles in renowned Springer Nature Journals as well as dozens of books and ebooks in all areas of science. And depending on the type of product, the success measurements and optimization approaches also differ – from increasing usage of our content platforms to maximising turnover in the eCommerce shops.
As a Marketing Manager in the field of search engine optimization, the focus of your activities is on the support and continuous development of our international SEO activities and processes. These include, i.e. extensive SEO audits of our numerous platforms such as link.springer.com, springer.com, nature.com, biomedcentral.com or apress.com as well as consulting on the implementation of optimization measures. In addition, you will create guidelines, workshops, trainings, videos and much more to bring SEO closer to other departments and to optimize existing processes from an SEO perspective.
Your tasks include among other things:
- Technical and content analyses and audits
- Creation of concepts and guidelines for various onsite SEO topics
- Preparation and implementation of internal SEO workshops
- Writing up and evaluating SEO reports
- Internal SEO communication and blogging
- Continuous trend, market and competition monitoring
You already have a very good understanding of optimization opportunities from an SEO point of view, you feel at home in eCommerce, and also have the following qualifications:
- Ability to prepare, explain and present complex facts in an understandable way
- Excellent presentation skills
- Independent and structured way of working
- Fluently in English; German is a plus
- At least three years work experience in the field of SEO
- Experienced in dealing with relevant SEO tools
- Initial experience in analytics, ranking and reporting tools (ideally Google Analytics, Google Datastudio, Big Query, Sistrix, Google Search Console etc.)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Strong understanding of the mechanisms and modes of action in eCommerce
- Willingness to travel
What do we offer?
- Start-up environment typical of the online marekting sector, but with one of the most renowned scientific publishing houses at your back
- A healthy work/life balance
- Flexible hours, a 37 hours week and 30 days annual leave
- International team with strong connections to NYC, London, Tokyo and Heidelberg
- At least one day home office per week
- Extensive training options and paid participation in relevant conferences
- Book disounts up to 40%
- Discounted public transportation
- A secure job in a successful, stable company
Which step can you expect from our application process?
- If your CV looks promising, we’ll contact you for an intial phone interview – that will give you a chance to know some of our team, set shared expectations and it will help us understand your motivation
- In-person interview including a written test
- Final interview including the department head and actual team members
- Limitation: None
- Working hours: Full-time
- Company and location: Springer nature AG & Co. KGaA, Berlin, Geneststraße 5 near S-Bahn Südkreuz
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application in English. To find out more information about our organization please have a look at http://springernature.com