Marketing Manager (m/f/d) for promoting a portfolio of respected journals in mathematics and computer science
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals andambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team. This is a great global opportunity for data driven marketer to join the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
We are seeking a Marketing Manager who will report to the Marketing Director of Mathematics and Computer Science. As Marketing Manager, you will be part of a global team and will be responsible for promoting a portfolio of respected journals in mathematics and computer science. You will work closely with various Springer Nature departments including other marketing teams, editorial/ publishing, marketing services, metadata management and market intelligence to coordinate the execution of a range of tactics with a strong focus on digital campaigns.
- With guidance from the Marketing Director, create, plan, and implement multi-tactic marketing campaigns within the assigned portfolio and within the team as a whole to increase product awareness, usage, and new content submissions
- Become educated about, and keep a breast, of global initiatives in open access publishing
- Track and analyze marketing efforts to assess effectiveness; report on activity results
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with editorial teams to identify promotional opportunities
- Monitor expenses and ensure adherence to budget
- Help coordinate exhibits at select conferences worldwide
- Manage or support special campaigns for team and larger marketing group
- Analyze markets, market segments and competitor activities to increase the effectiveness and ROI of own marketing activities
- Proactively provide management with updates on marketing activities, ROI and budget
- Execute other special projects and duties as assigned by Marketing Director
- Proactively pursue opportunities to drive change that add value to the business
- Significant work experience in marketing, preferably in a global academic publishing environment
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated success in running and measuring digital marketing campaigns, including social media advertising Google
- Adwords, retargeting platforms and videos
- A commitment to developing marketing best practices; analytical mind-set enabling the testing and measuring of different
- marketing tools
- A broad knowledge of the academic journal and open access environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to self-organize, prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer-Verlag GmbH. This position could be based in Heidelberg, London or New York.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
Please apply using our online application system, stating your preferred location and salary expectations.